Become a Glendale Police Officer
Join Team Glendale !
WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Fill out short application below.
Current applicants had to have applied by March 12, 2021 5pm, but we will hold applications for the next testing window.
We embrace a Concierge Policing philosophy, rather than only crime response or punishment. If you are the type of person who would rather help identify the source of the problem than be just that reactionary responder, then Glendale Police is the department for you. Entry Level is $62,250!! without experience but POST certified.
New Hires are eligible for a $10,000 bonus!
We do NOT sponsor recruits wanting to attend a police academy at this time.
Lateral applicants hired will be eligible for $10,000 signing bonus as well!
Salary step-increases for laterals are available based on past experience, training, and satisfactory performance through the probationary period of employment with the Glendale Police Department. Once eligible, after completing a shortened FTO/probation, and submitting proof of previous training, we have very clear criteria for the step requirements for all levels of police competency and the salary would start much higher than entry level applicants.
Benefits for Job Postings- Sworn Police Officers
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee is at no cost. Contribution required for dependents.
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance in the amount employee’s current salary.
- 9% of officer’s annual salary paid into 401(a) by the City with 5-year vesting period. 7% employee required contribution to retirement in lieu of social security.
- Membership for employee and dependent family members to Glendale Sports Center.
- 12 paid holidays.
- Paid vacation:
- 80 hours vacation annually for 1st 5 years
- 120 hours vacation annually after 5 years
- Sick pay accrued at 96 hours annually
- Employee Assistance Program
- Death & disability plan benefits through FPPA